A couple nights ago I had a very interesting dream. I woke up very happy walhamdulilah…I saw my friends. Its been almost a month since I last saw them, some of them even longer. In the dream there was my bff Hend, Arwa, Mariam, and Rehab. We were sitting in Hend’s basement laughing. It was awesome. I woke up to myself laughing; it was going to be a good day!
Being in Syira surrounded by my family is great, and I thank Allah every day for giving me the opportunity to come see them, well most of them. But I really miss my other “family.” The ones that are on the other side of the planet right now, the ones that know everything about me, the ones that are part of what makes me...me. As the day went on, I couldn’t help but wonder: Why did Allah bless me with such amazing friends?
Ja’far Al-Sadeq (RA) said: “Avoid the company of five categories of people: the liar, because he deceives you; he is like a mirage; the fool who wants to benefit you but he harms you; the stingy who lets you down when you are badly in need of him; the coward who runs away from you at hardship and the corrupt for he sells you for a little food or something less”
I feel that with the duaa from my family here and Allah’s will, Allah has protected me from the types of people mentioned above. He has granted me with a different family in the form of my friends. They have sound minds, true religion and amazing character. I look up to them and even though we are apart now, and I don’t get to see them all as much as I want when Im home in Columbia, I pray that we will always love each other for the sake of Allah (SWT). I pray that we will always have that close bond and have each others backs. And I pray that Allah (SWT) grant my baby brother a family, just like mine in the form of friends, that will have his back and help him stay on the straight path.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
<3 i miss you a lot.
ReplyDeleteHiba! Jazakallahu Khairon for the sweet post. Whenever I go out of town, I always feel the same way. I miss you soooo much, you don't even know. I also reeeeally miss pubmix.
ReplyDelete